Endless possibilities. Hope you enjoy this one.
2-4 Chicken Breasts
2 Lemons, Juiced
2 TBSP minced garlic
3 TBSP Butter
2 cups cooked rice
Preheat oven to 375 degrees F (190 C or 5 Gas Mark)
- Juice the two lemons and add to a microwavable safe container, add butter and minced garlic.
- Heat until butter is melted
- Arrange Chicken breasts in your dish, single layer
- Pour melted butter/lemon/garlic over chicken
- I usually place the squeezed lemons into the s
- Place into oven uncovered for 45 minutes
Optional: Add 2 cups raw vegetables of your choice arranged around the chicken
In the meantime cook your rice
- Instead of water you can use a 50/50 mix of water and chicken broth
- Ratio of water to rice is 2:1 (4 cups water to 2 cups rice), bring to a boil and then simmer cover until all the water is gone
- I use a rice cooker. Ratio is still the same but you do not have to worry about cooking time
Remove chicken from oven when golden brown. Check for doneness with a meat thermometer. Chicken should be cooked to 165 degrees F (~75 (73.888) C)
Let rest 5 minutes
Your can make a "gravy" out of the drippings. Just mix 1 TBSP cornstarch with 2 TBSP of the drippings. Then slowly mix this with the rest of the drippings over a low heat until it starts to thicken, top over the chicken when serving.
Plate over the rice
Thank you for stopping by and remember, enjoy life.
It's the one you have,