- 2 cups packed cleaned Basil leaves, torn up
- 6 mint leaves, torn up
- 2 cloves of garlic, chunk sliced
- 2 tsp fresh lemon juice
- 4 tsp Olive oil, this also will depend how you like your pesto. While you are running it in your blender or food processor, add your oil. You can make it thick (as I did ) or a bit on the thinner side
- 2 TBSP Roasted Walnuts, if you have whole walnuts, put them on your cutting board and smash them a bit with the heel of your hand, or cut them up a bit. Raw Walnuts will not work as they turn into a paste.
- Salt and pepper to taste
Throw it all into your blender/processor and just let it whirl away. Do watch it and add oil to it if it is too thick. Start with only 3 tablespoons and go from there, you want it spreadable like soft butter. You might want much more or simply the 4 from above. Don't blend too long or you end up with a paste.
Sandwich (per sandwich):
3.5 oz (100 g) Mozzarella (3- 1/4 inch (~6 mm) slices
3 slices of Tomato
8 slices of Sourdough bread (or bread of your choice)
- Butter or lightly olive oil one side of the bread
- Spread Basil spread on opposite side of the bread than the butter
- Lay one piece of bread on your grill or pan
- Top with sliced cheese and tomatoes, salt and pepper
- Lay other slice butter side up on top
Slow cook so that the cheese melts and you get a nice golden brown. If you cooked it a little too fast, turn off the heat and partially cover it with a lid to the pan and let the cheese melt.
Thank you for stopping by and remember, enjoy life.
It's the one you have,